Core Skills Training (Full! Closed to new submissions)
About Core Skills
Core Skills Training consists of four two-day workshops. These workshops provide an in depth study of each of the EFT steps. Each day will contain instruction and group supervision of EFT work according to the guidelines set out by the Centre for Excellence in EFT (in Ottawa). Each weekend provides twelve hours of training. When you sign up for the course you are committing your intention to complete all five weekends.
There will be opportunity for participants to get feedback on videos of their own work with clients. Bringing your own video to view is necessary to meet the Advanced Externship requirement of certification.
Attendance meets the ICEEFT course requirement (CEUs provided by Alliant International University)* when applying for Certified EFT Therapist designation.
The only outstanding requirement for Certification after attending Core Skills Training is eight hours of individual supervision. The application process is described on www.eft.ca. Final decision regarding readiness for certification is determined by the EFT Centre in Ottawa.
Rebecca Jorgensen, PhD.
Certified EFT Supervisor and Trainer
Scott R. Woolley, PhD.
Certified EFT Supervisor and Trainer
Module One: February 10-11, 2017 Steps 1-2 Assessment
Module Two: April 21 – 22, 2017 Steps 3-4 De-Escalation
Module Three: June 30-July 1, 2017 Steps 5-7 Withdrawer ReEngagement
Module Four: September 15-16, 2017 Steps 5-7 Blamer Softening
Salt Lake Community College, Taylorsville Redwood Campus, 4600 South Redwood Road, Student Center, Room #219
Day 1, Friday: 12:00 – 6:00 pm
Day 2, Saturday: 9:00 am – 3:30 pm (30 minute lunch break)
Participants are required to have completed an EFT Externship and be willing to present their own work through videotape presentation*.
- Each participant must have read Sue Johnson’s 2004 edition of Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy.
- Each participant must have completed an OCFI approved externship in EFT.
- Each participant must be using EFT with at least two couples regularly.
- Each participant must acquire a signed release from couple(s) to video tape record sessions.
- Each participant must acquire a signed release from couple(s) to be a part of this consultation group prior to presenting any materials.
- Each participant will complete the Case Presentation Form and supply copies (emailed prior to session or hard copies) to each group member prior to presenting.
*More information about the Case Presentation Video Requirement
You will do one case presentation displaying your work with a couple for consultation and feedback about working in the EFT model. The date of your presentation will be assigned. The overall presentation is approximately 30 minutes, 10 minutes of case overview and up to 20 minutes of video review.
- Approximately 20 continuous minutes
- Case presentation form completed (see Forms drop down menu)
- 20 copies of case presentation to handout to course participants if not emailed to participants 5 days before presenting
- Bring digital media on DVD or USB storage device
48 hours of continuing education units are available by completing all modules of this course. If you need CEUs, there is a separate $30 fee for one certificate.
$450 per weekend workshop for Modules 1-4. (Discount if full payment is made up front.)
$400 per weekend workshop for full-time students. (Only for SLC Core Skills series)
$30 for one CEU certificate upon completing the course.
Lodging and food not included. A minimum of ten participants is required for the training to proceed.
Payment can be made online or by mail. Payment for each weekend is due 3 weeks before the Friday meeting.
Completing the registration and first payment commits the applicant to attend all four sessions of the training and reserves space for the whole course.
This course is limited to a maximum of 16 attendees. Attendance based on first-come basis. Registration and payment must be complete to be enrolled.
Email: Cathy and Iris at firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment via PayPal
To pay for the full series ($1700, a $100 discount), click here
To pay for the full series in automatic monthly payments of $225 (total $1800), click here
To pay the student discount rate for the full series in eight monthly payments of $200 (total $1600), click here
To pay for a CEU certificate ($30), click here
If you prefer to pay via check or credit card outside of PayPal, please contact Iris and Cathy at email@example.com