Core Skills Training
About Core Skills
Core Skills Training consists of two, four-day workshops. These workshops provide an in depth study of each of the EFT steps. Each day will contain instruction and group supervision of EFT work according to the guidelines set out by the Centre for Excellence in EFT (in Ottawa). Each session provides 24 hours of training. When you sign up for the course you are committing your intention to complete both sessions.
There will be opportunity for participants to get feedback on videos of their own work with clients. Bringing your own video to view is necessary to meet the Advanced Externship requirement of certification.
Attendance meets the ICEEFT course requirement (CEUs provided by Alliant International University)* when applying for Certified EFT Therapist designation.
The only outstanding requirement for Certification after attending Core Skills Training is eight hours of individual supervision. The application process is described on www.iceeft.ca. Final decision regarding readiness for certification is determined by the EFT Centre in Ottawa.
Module One & Two: June 7-10, 2017 Steps 1 – 4, Cycle De-escalation
Module Three & Four: September 13 – 16, 2017 Steps 5-7 Withdrawer ReEngagement
Innovation 360 Counseling Center |6600 LBJ Freeway, Suite 240 | Dallas, Texas 75240
Days and Times:
Saturday 10-3 (working lunch)
Participants are required to have completed an EFT Externship and be willing to present their own work through videotape presentation*.
- Each participant must have read Sue Johnson’s 2004 edition of Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy.
- Each participant must have completed an OCFI approved externship in EFT.
- Each participant must be using EFT with at least two couples regularly.
- Each participant must acquire a signed release from couple(s) to video tape record sessions.
- Each participant must acquire a signed release from couple(s) to be a part of this consultation group prior to presenting any materials.
- Each participant will complete the Case Presentation Form and supply copies (emailed prior to session or hard copies) to each group member prior to presenting.
*More information about the Case Presentation Video Requirement
You will do one case presentation displaying your work with a couple for consultation and feedback about working in the EFT model. The date of your presentation will be assigned. The overall presentation is approximately 30 minutes, 10 minutes of case overview and up to 20 minutes of video review.
- Approximately 20 continuous minutes
- Case presentation form completed (see Forms drop down menu)
- 20 copies of case presentation to handout to course participants if not emailed to participants 5 days before presenting
- Bring digital media on DVD or USB storage device
48 hours of continuing education units are available by completing all modules of this course. If you need CEUs, there is a separate $30 fee for one certificate of 48 hours.
$1800 total, with a discount of $100 for full payment up front.
$30 for one CEU certificate of 48 hours upon completing the course.
Lodging and food not included. A minimum of ten participants is required for the training to proceed.
Payment can be made online or by mail. Payment for each session is due 3 weeks before each meeting.
Completing the registration and first payment commits the applicant to attend both sessions of the training and reserves space for the whole course.
This course is limited to a maximum of 16 attendees. Attendance based on first-come basis. Registration and payment must both be completed to be enrolled. NOTE: A minimum of eight participants is required for the course to take place.
Payment via PayPal
Click on Subscribe to pay for the full course ($1700, a $100 discount) Subscribe Here
To Make 8 monthly payments of $225 click here: Subscribe Here
To pay for a CEU certificate of 48 credits ($30), Click here
If you prefer to pay via check or credit card outside of PayPal, please contact Cathy and Iris at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Alliant International University is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Alliant International University is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing to provide continuing education for Nurses (provider #CEP11235). Alliant International University maintains responsibility for the program and its content.