Core Skills Training
About Core Skills
Core Skills Training consists of five two-day workshops. These workshops provide an in depth study of each of the EFT steps. Each day will contain instruction and group supervision of EFT work according to the guidelines set out by the Centre for Excellence in EFT (in Ottawa). Each weekend provides twelve hours of training. When you sign up for the course you are committing your intention to complete all five weekends.
There will be opportunity for participants to get feedback on videos of their own work with clients. Bringing your own video to view is necessary to meet the course requirements and especially important if you want to apply for EFT certification.
Attendance meets the ICEEFT course requirement (CEUs** provided by Alliant International University) when applying for Certified EFT Therapist designation.
The only outstanding requirement for Certification after attending Core Skills Training is eight hours of individual supervision. The application process is described on www.eft.ca. Final decision regarding readiness for certification is determined by the EFT Centre in Ottawa.
Lisa Palmer-Olsen, PsyD & MFT
Certified EFT Supervisor and Trainer
Pam Solem-Weser, LPC
Dates (all are Friday/Saturday)
Module One: August 25-26, 2017 Steps 1-3 Assessment
Module Two: November 17-18, 2017 Steps 3-4 De-Escalation
Module Three: January 12-13, 2018 Steps 5-7 Withdrawer ReEngagement
Module Four: February 23-24, 2018 Steps 5-7 Pursuer Softening
Module Five: May 4-5, 2018 Final tape reviews
Desert View Bible Church
105 W. Carefree Highway
Phoenix AZ 85086
Day 1: 9:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Day 2: 9:00 am – 3:o0 pm with a working lunch
Participants are required to have completed an EFT Externship and be willing to present their own work through videotape presentation.*
- Each participant must have read Sue Johnson’s 2004 edition of Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy.
- Each participant must have completed an OCFI approved externship in EFT.
- Each participant must be using EFT with at least two couples regularly.
- Each participant must acquire a signed release from couple(s) to video tape record sessions.
- Each participant must acquire a signed release from couple(s) to be a part of this consultation group prior to presenting any materials.
- Each participant will complete the Case Presentation Form and supply copies (emailed prior to session or hard copies) to each group member prior to presenting.
*More information about the Case Presentation Video Requirement
You will do one case presentation displaying your work with a couple for consultation and feedback about working in the EFT model. The date of your presentation will be assigned. The overall presentation is approximately 30 minutes, 10 minutes of case overview and up to 20 minutes of video review.
- Approximately 20 continuous minutes
- Case presentation form completed (see Forms drop down menu)
- 20 copies of case presentation to handout to course participants if not emailed to participants 5 days before presenting
- Bring digital media on DVD or USB storage device
60 hours of continuing education units are available by completing all modules of this course. If you need CEUs, there is a separate $35 fee for one certificate.
$455 per weekend workshop for Modules 1-5. Discount for full payment before Module 1.
$35 for one CEU certificate upon completing the course.
Lodging and food not included. A minimum of ten participants is required for the training to proceed.
Payment can be made online or by mail.
Completing the registration and first payment commits the applicant to attend all five sessions of the training and reserves space for the whole course.
This course is limited to a maximum of 15 attendees. Attendance based on first-come basis. Registration and payment must be complete to be enrolled.
Contact: Pam Solem-Weser, Certified EFT Therapist and Superviser
Payment via PayPal
To pay for five modules at once and receive a$125 discount ($2150 total), click here
To make ten automatic monthly payments of $227.50 each (total $2275), click here
To pay for a CEU certificate ($35), click here
If you prefer to pay via check or credit card outside of PayPal, please contact Cathy and Iris at firstname.lastname@example.org